Volunteers - Non Prophet Festival Sept.18-27 2015
- font size decrease font size increase font size
The Non Prophet Organisation recognises the essential role of the wider community in partnering with us to achieve our aims. The involvement of volunteers is a key element in this partnership.
We seek to involve volunteers in order to:
• Ensure that our services meet the needs of our community
• Provide new perspectives to community and volunteers alike
• Enable volunteers to develop and contribute to all areas of our work
• Increase our local and global network to create with other communities
• Maintain an independent public presence within our organisation to help ensure our belief in the participation of everyday experts within a wide range of fields.
The Non Prophet Organisation recognises that without the valuable contribution of the community and the many roles volunteers have played in the creative process these words would be those of “a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. […] A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury signifying nothing.”
We depend hugely on enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers to help transform the town over the weekend celebrating culture and creativity. As a volunteer you'll be part of a team who create the Festival spirit, meet the public, greet audiences at venues and welcome visitors. At all events we put our audience at the heart of everything we do and whatever role you play as a volunteer remember that its for the greater good of community.
Audiences can expect a very high quality artistic programme with a superb literary, musical and performance content which like last year’s festival again will have the community arts of Claremorris and the surrounding areas as a central focus with creative writing, music, film & theatre workshop and indoor and outdoor performances taking place in the locality for the duration of the festival.
Latest from John Farragher
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.